PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Saturday 12 June 2010

wash day....










....something is afoot this week in our abode,something which means that we need to do a major post Spring clean,....either that or we need a miracle as our poor home has been sorely neglected of late!
If I didn't want to offend your senses I would offer up pictorial evidence to back me up,the little piles of life heaped up in each room,spilling over onto unswept boards and bitty carpets! The abandoned car boot treasures with nowhere to go,shoes cast aside in doorways,surfaces powdered with volcanic dust,boxes,bags,broken toys and as for the ironing!! I have never claimed to be a domestic goddess,but I did once at least try...I feathered my nest most prettily,even if I did sweep crumbs under the mat and fill cupboards full of strays...now,well the nest is pretty messy and we are all of a jumble,since mum became a working girl! But today we made a start,much noise has been made as all the appliances whirred and whizzed and we toiled in our labours,without a thought for those vintage housewives who struggled with their carpet sweeper and dolly tub! I think we may have skimmed the surface...but Thursday is just around the corner,and as Thursday could be the start of something special,I for one am still hoping for a miracle and looking for an empty cupboard!!     


9 comments:

  1. Beat of Luck with your busy life! I to have a big mess in my Craft room and piles of Boxes to tend to in the garage! Very hard to get motivated! Hugs,Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I don't think I have ever seen such pretty laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From shop girl dreams to domestic dramas, it's hard to be everything at once. All the best with it Shevie, hope you found time to put your feet up have a cuppa and survey your work! Love the linen on the line, very pretty drying in the sun. Makes domestic chores a little more enjoyable looking at such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your laundry looks so pretty, such an array of lovely faded florals and my favourite CK prints. Hope you manage to get straight by Thursday for whatever you have happening. Your house sounds just like mine, It's reassuring to know there are others out there with houses that aren't clean and tidy all the time.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks very pretty...rest assured, you will never be as slovenly as me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful images!
    If only my utility room was so pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your laundry looks far prettier than mine does with it's booking black suit and abundance of "pop socks"!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm i'm intrigued! Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your laundry room... I had hoped for your white tile but will probably have to go with a basic, yet still pretty white subway tile of some size...

    Hope all wrinkles of household and work are perfect~~~ yet still imperfect + beautiful = life

    ReplyDelete

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............